So...when the humidity is 90% I don't recommend running! That was my Monday morning greeting from DE and I struggled through my 3 miles. There was walking and just general exhaustion. I made up for it by sitting at the beach and pool for the rest of the day.
Tuesday I went to the gym and did the elliptical and my mom ran outside. I think she had the same run I did on Monday...ugh! Wednesday we didn't run or work out outside of beach walking...slackers, I know. I read 3 books in 3 days which was a gift to myself of a whole different kind. I think sometimes I focus too much on how hard I'm working myself to get results and sometimes it's about stepping back and just myself enjoy time off. I know I've been on vacay for a month but these were the first days where I can say I really felt relaxed. ME in 2 weeks...lobsters and running combined!
I hit the gym this morning and have to share. There's a machine that looks sort of like an elliptical and a stairclimber in one and it's the best workout ever. I felt wiped out after a 30 minute "hill program" and it's the first machine that really feels like hills! It's a Cybex of some kind...no machine title or anything that I could fine, but it's my new love.
Now, this is way longer than I'd intended but I noticed that there's a race in DE on Sept. 21st. It's a 5K/10K and could be a fun training run if anyone's interested. The 5 of us (I'm including Don and Mike) could go down and stay at the condo if you'd like. It's sponsered by Dogfish Head so give it a look. www.dogfish.com
6 miles tomorrow...wish me luck!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment