Monday, August 4, 2008

Training week 1 - COMPLETE

After an "easy" 2 mile run yesterday my first week of training is officially complete. 6 miles total. Based on my training plan I'm slowly working my way up to a max distance of 15 miles a week in weeks 8 and 9.

I like the idea of only running 3 days a week, it doesn't seem too overwhelming to my schedule, and allows for plenty of rest between runs. Next week looks like another easy week to get me back in the swing of things - 2 miles on Tuesday & Thursday, 3 mi on Sunday.

I have been running sans iPod this week and am finding it quite enjoyable. I have no doubt that on some of the longer runs in the coming weeks that I'll need the entertainment and motivation, but my running mix is getting boring and I'm happier w/out it for now.

On another note, Don has tentatively committed to running this years 10k with us. He has also completed week 1 of training.

If Delaware wasn't such a long drive from MA I would totally be up for a weekend away. I'll keep it in mind, as I do love a good road trip, but I can't commit.

Happy Monday ladies!

p.s. I think we should get matching shirts for the race!

No comments: