Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Running is an excuse to spend money

Jackie, that's awesome!!! You're doing great and you're right, there is nothing like new sneaks to perk up a run.

I got a new pair on Sunday night but running was torture for me. I was achy and my legs felt like lead. I'm going to chalk it up to a couple of days of driving and being tired and hope that tonight's run will be better. Last week's total was 9.5 miles and a 3 mile hike in Acadia. Lots of hill training because the roads along the bay were all hills...so good training for Conway

The onemoremile site seems to be working fine, I checked it out this morning. Best part...they have new slogans! Will Run for Coffee, WRF Ice Cream and WRF Margaritas are among the new shirts I noticed. I think that all getting the same color shirt with our own slogans would be a great idea, as Jackie suggested. Now....time to pick a color! I have a raspberry tank so I'd vote for anything that isn't pink (surprise, I know.) The iris and cadet blue are both tempting?

On a happy, non-running note, I'm starting a new job at our middle school! I'll be doing 7th and 8th grade chorus mostly with a little bit of band thrown in to keep me on my toes. It's a great opportunity for me and I'm looking forward to the challenge of doing something new. I think I really need the change to keep me fresh and interested! The best part of the new job is that I don't start until 9am so I'll have time to run in the mornings...woo hoo!

Off to school to set-up and clean-up....depending on what classroom I'm in!

No comments: