Lots of thoughts running through my head tonight, but I'll start with my first week 4 training run tonight of 2 miles. It felt great to finish the intended distance. Eventhough I've been finishing this route since week 1 it still felt a bit redeeming after Saturday's disappointing 4. I also hooked Kali up to a leash that adjusts to clip around my waist, leaving my hands free, which was AWESOME! Additional motivation will be derived from finishing this week and a whole month of consistent running - yea!
I was flipping through my recent RunnersWorld magazine and rested on the shoe review section and as always I looked at the overpronation/stability shoe section. But then, for the 1st time ever, I looked at the wear pattern on my sneaks and was really surprised that they indicated that I actually under pronate and w/ my high arches I should be looking for a neutral cushioning shoe. Does this mean the stability running shoe I've gone to solely for the last 4 years (Asics Gel Kayano) is not right for me??? It's probably time for some new kicks, if not now definitely after this round of training, so I'll have to re-evaluate. Maybe I'll even go somewhere that knows how to fit running shoes. My knees have been killing me, so I might go get some inserts for the time being.
Last but not least, this weekend's long run is a 5 miler. It's safe to say I've never run 5 miles before. The race last year doesn't count, because I walked. And with this past weekend's inconsistent run I'm already worried about this one. I'm hoping to find a relatively flat loop that will allow me to log the miles at least as a run / jog. I will be in NY this weekend, so maybe I'll hit Rockland Lake - how long is that once around?
Buenas Noches!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment