Saturday, August 9, 2008

Week 3 Complete

I love the idea of matching shirts! There's a great company that I buy stuff from we could look at. www.onemoremilerunning.com I'm fan of "Does this shirt make my butt look fast?" I already have Will Run for Wine and Stress Relief in Progress. I know, I'm nuts.

I've just completed week 3 of my training and while I don't seem to have a problem completing the mileage, I'm frustrated with time. I'm so much slower than I was last year and I have to put some concentrated effort towards working on quickness during my weekday runs. If you're interested in my personal insanity, here's my training program, courtesy of runnersworld. This week I finished 14-15 miles and got to the gym once, too.

http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/smtcresults/0,7144,s6-238-277-278-0-0-0-0-0,00.html?hour=0&mins=33&secs=0&rlen=fivk&rdst=tenk3&mpwe=11&startf=123xyz&diff=vhard&lrdy=6&slen=11&trainstart=ds1216689910796&metr=miles

Is anyone else finding Olympics inspiring? I'll admit that it got me up and out this morning when my bed was REALLY comfortable. Thinking about what so many of these athletes have given up, sacrificed and an appreciation of their hard work is something I found motivating this morning.

Okay, shower time!

No comments: