Completed 5 miles last night on the treadmill, painful. I was supposed to run 1 mile warm up, 3 miles @ 10:00 pace, 1 mile cool down. Disappointingly, I couldn't make it through 3 miles at 10:00 pace. I had to slow down to 11 & 12 minute speeds. Happy to have completed the mileage, but wishing it could have been faster.
Running the treadmill was horrible, although it was a pretty cool treadmill - instead of being 1 single piece of material making up the moving walkway part it was a bunch of individual horizontal slats of rubber. Probably intended to decrease the impact on joints or something.
My body feels horrible, everything aches. I get sharp shooting pain in my joints out of nowhere. I've eaten as many bananas as I can tolerate, but still cramp up. I feel old. And I'm starting to get scared of the hills...
On a high note, it's a three day weekend! Hallelujah! Gotta get 6 miles in either tomorrow or Sunday. Gonna try and run them at the Quabbin Reservoir, because it's gorgeous and only slightly hilly. Enjoy the weekend!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment