Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday a.m.

Morning ladies, I have been unsuccessfully playing around with the blog this morning trying to add a picture of us and it's just not working out! I "granted" you both admin rights, so you should both now be able to add pictures or change the layout or whatever you'd like! Does anyone have a picture of us from last year's race?

Ran 2 miles last night, went out a little too fast and the hill was a killer. I was impatient, I only had about 30 min before it got dark out, so I was running a bit faster than last week and felt myself get winded much earlier.

Does anyone else ever hear their stomach juices "swashing" around while they're running? I know that sounds weird, but I can hear it sometimes clear as a bell if I haven't eaten in a few hours and it totally freaks me out.

Oh, you'll notice a small change from the dark background to the light - this felt more "summery" to me!

Ciao!

1 comment:

Marlene Hielema said...

Hello Jakes et al - and other bloggers who steal photos from other people's web sites.

I noticed that you poached a triathlon photograph from my commercial website and posted it on your blog. This is in violation of International copyright law, which the U.S. supports. The photo that you stole, even has the copyright symbol still on it, though you've cropped off the ",com" of www.imagemaven.com.

I am a commercial photographer. I make my living shooting and selling images. I give many free hours of my time and photographic expertise to amateur sports associations and individual athletes. However since you didn't ask my permission, nor gave me a link or credit back to my own website and/or stock photography library, I must bill you for the usage of this photo.

This photo can be purchased with a Royalty Free license at web resolution for only $20. Please do so from the link here: http://pa.photoshelter.com/gallery-show/G0000FYx3S8h4uS8 As a courtesy to me I would also like the Nike link removed from my photo and instead paste this link in its place: http://www.imagemaven.com/stock-1.html

Just because you can access and "right" click "just a picture from the web" as you call it, does not mean that you can or should do this. Just like it's illegal to download free music, it is also illegal to download photos without consent and in some cases payment to the artists. Triathlon costs a lot of money to participate in. The cost of traveling to races, wet suits, running shoes and especially bikes keeps many people out of the sport. As women who do participate in triathlons, I assume you are able to afford it. Surely you can also afford $20 to support someone who cares deeply about supporting athletes, especially women in sports.

I wish you all luck in your "Quest to Conquer the Hills."

Marlene HIelema - ImageMaven Inc. www.imagemaven.com