Great job, Lauren! Sounds like your logging lots of miles, the speed will come!
To explain the "sort of" above - I skipped a 2 mile run this week, I didn't plan very well and figured as long as I got the long run in I'd be okay. Well, today was a 3 mile run - longest I've run since the race last year, and I regretted missing the 2. At this point I need all the miles I have time for! Anyway, finally broke out of our development and hit the main road. Again, went out too fast and died in the 2nd half. Turns out the out 1.5 mile is a nice subtle decline, so I was moving pretty well. But, as you guessed it that means the 1.5 back is a painful, subtle hill.
Ran w/ Don today, he kicked my butt. Saved his energy on the way out and sped past me on the way back. He drives me nuts, he only runs about 50% of what I run and he still kicks my butt. Imagine if he trained 100%!
I'll check out the website for shirts. =)
Chris - you still hanging in with us or you gonna' be cheering us on come Oct???
Enjoy the week ladies, I'm logging 8 miles this week (no skipping!!!).
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment