Well, ladies, for the 1st time in my life, at the age of 29, I ran 5 miles! I was pretty proud of myself yesterday, and actually don't feel half bad today. Ran a nice flat route on the bike path that starts behind our development. It's not paved, so it's a mix of sand & gravel - with some parts being pretty hard packed dirt and other parts being pretty loose sand. It was more of a challenge on my ankles than anything else - but I finished, so I was happy!
I also scored some new running gear. Don's dad sent me some birthday money (love him!), so I used it to get a running skirt & a new pair of sneakers. After 3 years of wearing solely Asics Gel Kayanos, I am now the proud owner of a pair of Nike Vomeros. I ran 5 miles in them yesterday right out of the box and LOVED IT! What a huge difference. As I mentioned below I had been running in stability shoes for over-pronators, but it turns out I actually have a pretty neutral foot w/ a high arch and these shoes are perfect. My ankles felt a lot more stable on the run yesterday than usual and I think my old sneaks were causing me to roll to the outside more than I naturally do. Anyway, I'm thrilled with my purchase! They are so bouncy and cushiony!
Jumping up to 13 miles this week (10 last week), with a 5 mile "tempo run" mid-week and a 6 mile long run over the weekend. I have a customer in town this week, making for long, tiring days, but I'm really motivated now and can't wait to get my miles in.
See you on the road!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment