Saturday, July 5, 2008

Back in the saddle again

And it feels great!

Just got back from my first run since the marathon....about 35 minutes of alternating between jogging and running (slightly faster jogging!) and I feel awesome. My feet don't hurt so that's a good sign that my stress fracture is healed...or almost.

Today was the first day of my taking back my healthy lifestyle. I've got to get back into more daily running and workouts and eating well. Marathon training is most definately NOT weight-loss training!

I'm supposed to run a 5K this weekend with my mom so I'm looking forward to it. It's a women's only event which I find really great. The shirts are always tiny, which is a pain, but the spirit of the run is amazing.

It was great to see you this week on the dance floor, let me know the next time you're in town and I have a hill workout that will be a GREAT prep for the festival!

No comments: